1. Be Grateful – The way you start your day definitely sets the tone for the rest of the day. As the way you end each day sets you up for a great nights sleep. Making a conscious effort to list 5-10 things each morning and evening that you are truly grateful for in your life, that gives you a warm glow in your heart, does this beautifully. Jot them down in a journal or start a gratitude bowl by writing each one down on a piece of paper and putting in the bowl. You can read the journal or draw one out of the bowl whenever you feel you need a little boost. Getting enough sleep and having a great, positive morning and evening ritual is essential to being successful and living a fulfilled life. Which leads us to….
2. Start each work day with the end in mind – Plan and write down the goals/tasks you are committed to complete by the end of the day. These should support moving you towards your ultimate dream/goal/end result. When you have a clear plan, it will give you focus and you are less likely to just wander through the day. Make it part of your morning routine.
3. Make Your Health and Fitness one of your priorities – There is no substitute for looking after your health and fitness. When you make your health and fitness a priority, it sets you up to have the energy and stamina to achieve your dreams/goals, be there for the ones you love and live your life to the full.
4. Don’t Run From Challenges. Go After Them – Procrastinating and hesitating on challenges that you face obviously doesn’t make them go away. Our fears are typically more in our head than what will actually happen. Get your mind on the outcome you want, then take on those challenges. You’ll be happy to get it done!
5. If You Can Delegate It or Eliminate It From Your Plate, Do It – Create more time in your day for the things that you need to focus on. If you can eliminate it from your schedule and/or delegate it, do it. Release it. You’ll be better for it.
6. Be Efficient and Organized – Get yourself into a routine and use systems that work for you. When you are organized you will tend to waste less time, which means more success for you!
7. Don’t Go Through Things Alone – Tap into the resources around you. Instead of always trying to figure out things on your own, reach out to people who can offer a perspective that is different than yours. Join a community of like minded people who have or are aspiring to reach similar goals to yourself. For example I am currently in Bali with Tribe Wanted who are a community of entrepreneurs all working individually on their own projects whilst also supporting each others projects.
8. Give Yourself Some Time to Learn and Grow – Do something each day that will inspire you and help you learn and grow. Success is not a state, it is an ongoing journey.
9. Always Think of What You Bring as Value to Others – As you go through each day, always keep in mind what value you bring to the world. When you keep that in the back of your mind, when you make decisions, that will keep you on the right path of authentic success.
10. Know the Importance of Down Time – Create days which have some down time, away from work. Success isn’t about always being ‘on’. Relaxation, recharging, having some interests outside of your workday are really good for you and will contribute to well-rounded success. These are just some of the things I do to set myself up for success each day. Which ones do you use or need to focus more on? What other things do you do to set yourself up for huge success?